sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Reconfiguring the running kernel

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: -={|TooManyMirrors|}=- <jalley AT toomanymirrors.homelinux.com>
  • To: SMGL-Discuss List <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Reconfiguring the running kernel
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:32:27 -0500

Yes, but if i select the same kernel that is already installed it
doesn't go to menuconfig, I'm pretty sure it used to though. I guess I
could dive into the linux spell but i hear there is much magic there.
thought it might be an easy fix or recent change.

toomanymirrors

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 12:33, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting -={|TooManyMirrors|}=- <jalley AT toomanymirrors.homelinux.com>:
> > Hey, I'm running 2.6.4 and upon reading the kerneltrap tread on bugs in
> > the PREEMPT stuff I want to turn that off, but seems like the spell
> > won't let me into menuconfig anymore. I'm using cast -r -c linux
> > Configure linux kernel? [n], Do you want to use gnupg? [y] Do you want
> > to cast these spells? [y] reuse existing source tree? [y], make
> > oldconfig? [n]
> > even if i configure the kernel for the same 2.6.4, don't reuse exisiting
> > source tree, nor make oldconfig i still never get a menuconfig
> > Seems like there used to be a "repeat menuconfig" option, but I think
> > that a cast -r linux should cause menuconfig? IMHO
> > toomanymirrors
>
> Did you try saying 'y' to "Configure linux kernel? [n]"?
>
> -sandalle
Jackson Alley (TooManyMirrors) <jalley AT toomanymirrors.homelinux.com>
GPG EA6C442A233C3611 49FB A47D 9245 AF82 88BE FF57 EA6C 442A 233C 3611
SourceMage GNU/Linux Guru www.sourcemage.org