sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery VOYEUR default

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vladimír Marek <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery VOYEUR default
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:52:16 +0100

On St, bře 17, 2004 at 11:32:54 -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Watching new SMGL installs I see a lot of info flying by that I don't
> need, which is easily fixed by setting VOYEUR="on". Should this be the
> default Sorcery behaviour? I think so as most of that isn't necessary
> and clutters the screen (along with taking up bandwidth if you're
> doing it remotely, and a little (very little) CPU cycles) and is
> fairly ugly.

Yes, generally this is a nice idea. Two things against:
a) time
cast mozilla takes it's time, and people may start to be nervous after
tree hours.

b) in case of error
it's nice to see what actually failed

ad a)
Isn't there some way to attach to running cast (gaze voyeur or
something ?) which would display full log on request ?

ad b) I haven't seen any errors (not counting my experiments with spell
system) so far, and in the rare case when shit happens, we could use the
attach method as in a), right ?

--
Neuron