sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: xconfig with linux-2.6.x

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve01 AT pi.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: xconfig with linux-2.6.x
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:44:01 +0100

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 15:00, Robin Cook wrote:
> Looks like kconfig/Makefile is the only one that has QTDIR in it.
>
> Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.txt: HOSTLOADLIBES_qconf :=
> -L$(QTDIR)/lib
> Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.txt: When linking qconf it will be
> passed the extra option "-L$(QTDIR)/lib".
>
> scripts/kconfig/Makefile:HOSTLOADLIBES_qconf = -L$(QTDIR)/lib
> -L$(QTDIR)/lib64 -Wl,-rpath,$(QTDIR)/lib -l$(QTLIB) -ldl
> scripts/kconfig/Makefile:HOSTCXXFLAGS_qconf.o = -I$(QTDIR)/include
> scripts/kconfig/Makefile:MOC = $(QTDIR)/bin/moc
> scripts/kconfig/Makefile: @set -e; for d in $$QTDIR /usr/share/qt*
> /usr/lib/qt*; do \
> scripts/kconfig/Makefile: echo "* QT development package is
> correctly installed and the QTDIR"; \
> scripts/kconfig/Makefile: echo "QTDIR=$$DIR" > $@; echo
> "QTLIB=$$LIB" >> $@; \

I've managed to make a patch for the linux make file which allows me to use
xconfig

I have also made a modified linux spell which uses this, so that it can run
xconfig or gconfig within an xterminal session, otherwise it uses menuconfig.

It seems ok so far.

It also allows me, optionally, to reuse an existing source tree.

I shall submit the diff for the spell to Worf in due course.