sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xconfig with linux-2.6.x

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xconfig with linux-2.6.x
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:52:06 -0800

Quoting Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>:
> On Wednesday 11 February 2004 2:44 pm, Hamish Greig wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 02:20, Jason Flatt wrote:
> > > If $QTDIR is set to the appropriate setting of /usr, then it looks like
> > > the only thing that will cause problems is the include dir. Our spell
> > > installs the headers into /usr/include/qt rather than /usr/include.
> >
> > yep, but I wasn't keen on polluting /usr/include with an extra 300 files,
> > so I thoughtwe could spend some time, plan, and do it differently.
> > Hamish
>
> I agree, which is why I never brought up the subject before. :^)

Is that a third from me, or a fourth? ;)

Our current setup works well for most packages (setting QTDIR=/usr), so I
think
the other packages which do not work might be broken (other distros put things
in qt3/ or qt2/ so you can have both libs, and they also work fine) and not
our
layout (which is verrah nice!).

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61