sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] large bug closure latency

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] large bug closure latency
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:30:23 -0800

Quoting Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>:
> I appreciate the hard work that is put into this and all of the
> wonderful people that do it, and I can understand why unconfirmed bug
> reports shouldn't be dealt with until there is more information. My
> main concern is that some didn't appear to be looked at and that was
> worrying me as I was wondering if they just slipped by the maintainers
> which would not be good. Anyways, I appreciate everyone involved and I
> did not know before hand about the priorities (such as the 2.6 headers).

We're always accepting volunteers to help out. :) Some of our gurus are quite
busy in RL, though it doesn't take long to at least post, "Looking at it", but
there's no requirement to do that.

A few of our developers (such as myself) use 2.6, so some of the 2.6 bugs are
being fixed (mainly thanks to Hamish's hard work). So just be patient and we
may be the first distro to officially support 2.6. ;)

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61