sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] installation of SM

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "S. Barret Dolph" <wheds8 AT ms66.hinet.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] installation of SM
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:14:46 +0800

Just to see if I could do it I installed Gentoo yesterday. Well, maybe I am
stubborn but i want to install SM. Last time I got Lilo going but ran into
this problem.

prompt I get ds: no socket dirivers loaded!
pcmcia: Loading pcmcia modules:pcmcia_core.
pcmcia: failure

Furthermore. I couldn't get rp-pppoe going. This ran fine under Gentoo.
I got the following error.

/usr/sbin/pppd: in file /etc/ppp/peers/isp = unregnized option 'dev modem'

As per a post on the forum I checked etc/ppp/peers/isp where it says to
change
dev modem to /dev/modem

it is already /dev/modem