sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Simpleinit/ups shutdown

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Chris Dombroski <cdombroski AT gambit.gotdns.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Simpleinit/ups shutdown
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:08:53 -0600

Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:

> Doesn't the simpleinit shutdown process do the reverse of the startup WRT
> dependencies? You could (maybe) have mountall.sh depend on ups, that way ups
> would be shutdown after mountall.sh is run for shutdown.
>
> -sandalle

That sounds like a good idea except for this in mountall.sh:
# Simpleinit handles umounting and stuff.
stop()
{
exit 0
}

Quoting Eric Laberge <demon_lord AT myrealbox.com>:
> I believe a script can be called when shutting down in /etc/shutdown.conf .
> Probably a good place for this stuff.
> 'man shutdown' for more infos
>
> - --
> Eric Laberge

This seems like the most doable idea as long as /dev/tts/* (/dev/ttyS*) is
still
around to send the command to the ups

--
I am a .sig virus. Please reproduce me in your .sig block.