sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Simpleinit/ups shutdown

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Simpleinit/ups shutdown
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:48:52 -0800

Quoting Chris Dombroski <cdombroski AT gambit.gotdns.org>:
> I've been trying to get it to work correctly myself. However, I don't know
> how
> to make the ups shutdown the last thing the computer does. Not much point in
> having an ups if you still have to check the filesystem because it was still
> mounted r/w when the ups shutdown.
>
> If I knew how to place the ups shutdown after the root partition is
> remounted
> r/o then I would have most of stuff done already to make nut a spell

Doesn't the simpleinit shutdown process do the reverse of the startup WRT
dependencies? You could (maybe) have mountall.sh depend on ups, that way ups
would be shutdown after mountall.sh is run for shutdown.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61