sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Simpleinit/ups shutdown

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Chris Dombroski <cdombroski AT gambit.gotdns.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Simpleinit/ups shutdown
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:45:57 -0600

Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:

> If anyone has the time to hack something together, I'll volunteer to do some
> (light) testing (it is my server, after all ;)).
>
> -sandalle

I've been trying to get it to work correctly myself. However, I don't know how
to make the ups shutdown the last thing the computer does. Not much point in
having an ups if you still have to check the filesystem because it was still
mounted r/w when the ups shutdown.

If I knew how to place the ups shutdown after the root partition is remounted
r/o then I would have most of stuff done already to make nut a spell

--
I am a .sig virus. Please reproduce me in your .sig block.