sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Simpleinit/ups shutdown

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Chris Dombroski <cdombroski AT gambit.gotdns.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Simpleinit/ups shutdown
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:36:05 -0600

I have an ups that I'm contolling via network ups tools
(http://www.exploits.org/nut/) that I can turn off when it's battery goes
critical so that when the power comes back up everything turns back on. The
problem is, of course, when you shutdown the ups, everything goes with it. I
was wondering how I could set it up so that the shutdown is run just before
the
system turns off (mainly, all filesystems are unmounted or mounted read only).

--
I am a .sig virus. Please reproduce me in your .sig block.