sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] SCSI emulation devices

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] SCSI emulation devices
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:50:40 -0400

Hi All!

Could somebody please let me know what to do about not having sg* devices in /dev/ anymore? XCDRoast tells me that SCSI emulation is better than ATA interface (and fails on ATA subsequently), and it's enabled in the kernel (2.4.23-pre5), but there's nothing like /dev/sg* and /dev/scsi/ is empty. I tried several searches and found a message that says if I have "LOOKUP .* MODLOAD" then I should see the devices after the first lookup of /dev/sg0 for instance, but this doesn't work. The "generic SCSI" support is compiled into kernel (and everything else is).
Thank you!

Sergey.