sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xfree86 fails to compile

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xfree86 fails to compile
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:45:11 +0200

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 01:40:51PM +1000, Hamish Greig wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 08:01, Eric Sandall wrote:
> > Quoting Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>:
> > > Didn't fix the problem. still fails. using athlon-tbird, speedy,
> > > combreloc, strip.
> > >
> > > Jeremy
> >
> > Did you say 'y' to reconfigure host.def? That may be causing problems if
> > you have not, as some settings have changed.
> >
> > -sandalle
> THe few things I knew had changed i have added to BUILD after checking for
> them. So reconfigureing host.def shouldn't be the issue.
> This does look like an issue with fontconfig though. jkolb (or anyone else)
> does your host.def have
> #define HasFontconfig No
> in it ? I remember always using fontconfig but maybe it is an addition i
> have
> forgotten ? I might need to adjust the BUILD accordingly.
> Lastly I looked but there is no bug filed for this ?
> Hamish

It looks like a host.def issue to me. If host.def wasn't changed for a
long time (since march), it won't contain the '#define HasFontconfig
Yes'. Without that xfree will try to compile its own fontconfig lib,
which is quite a bit older than the one we use and seems to have
problems with our freetype2 lib.

--
Arwed v. Merkatz
Grimoire Guru for video