sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xfree86 fails to compile

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xfree86 fails to compile
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:40:12 -0700

Quoting Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>:
> Okay i did a cast -r freetpye1 freetype2 fontconfig, and it actualyl
> ressurected the spells instead of recompiling, so i will do a -c as
> well. But i'm wondering why they resurrected when it was reported that
> they were still installed.
>
> Jeremy

Sorcery probably assumes that what you wanted to do was replace what's
installed
with what was originally created (restore to the "original", in case something
was modified). That's why we have the '-c' switch, to explicitly say,
"Recompile".

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61