sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] X and Inet6

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] X and Inet6
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:29:37 -0700

Quoting Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>:

> Using :0 rather than localhost:0.0 tells the X server to use unix pipes
> rather than IP for the transport (I think). Unfortunatly, my problem is
> displaying stuff on a laptop from a desktop. The problem is definitly
> not one of authentication, but of transport. A simple 'strace xclock'
> will stop at the point where it does inet6 stuff.

I believe with xhost you can tell it which protocol to use. e.g. 'xhost
+inet6:localhost:0.0', but when I tried something like that, it couldn't
resolve
the inet6 address (I don't have any IPv6 addresses, just thought it'd be nice
have support).

I'm thinking of removing all IPv6 from my system, as all it does is cause
problems and there's not much IPv6 support out there atm.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61