sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] linux-2.6.0-test

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy A. Kolb" <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: Treeve Jelbert <treeve01 AT pi.be>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] linux-2.6.0-test
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 15:40:56 -0400 (EDT)

I'm running it right now and except for manually tweaking the nvidia
drivers it runs great. The only thing (besides the nvidia stuff) that i
had to do was edit fstab.

I had to add the following and make sure that sys and devpts were compiled
in:

tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts defaults,noauto 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0

alsa drivers failed on cast but since they are provided by the kernel i
didn't mind. the nvidia spell's wrong so they wouldn't cast. i had to
recast it using my 2.4.22 kernel to get glx and then i had to manually
apply the driver patch to compile for the 2.6 kernel. oh and i had to add
nvidia to /etc/modules other wise it wouldn't load automatically.

Jeremy