sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Init upgrade

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Init upgrade
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:41:46 -0500

I've got to give props to those who wrote this thing. It's sweet! I had a few
bugs making it happen though. I needed to recast everthing that init started
so
that it would start under the new init system. I also ran into the problem
that
since I use metalog for syslogging, my networking didn't come back up. then I
didn't have portmap for nfs. then I didn't have something else for nfs. But I
got it working and I like it. It's awesome.
A job well done. The upgrade to it is fairly painless, about 30 - 45 minutes,
and that's mostly because my computer has lots of things to do before it
actually loads the OS.

find ~your -name '*base* | xargs chown :us