sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Init upgrade

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Martin Ruderer <martin AT lddd.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Init upgrade
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:47:02 -0500

Martin Ruderer wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:24:21 -0500
Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org> wrote:

One of the files listed to check in that howto is '/etc/sysconfig/devices' which I don't have. And I think it's causing
the trouble I'm having now. What goes in this file?

I've that:

martin /etc/sysconfig > cat devices # Mount point for devfs (don't change)
DEVICES=/devices

# Makes a symlink from /devices to $DEVICES for backwards compatibility
DEVICES_COMPAT=y

Okay, it boots, and provides me a useless login prompt. I have an error message before the runlevels begin:

init: errno 2 running program: "+local_fs"

So I guess I have to change something somewhere, I don't know where though.

Geoff