sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New ideas for grimoires

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: Piero Ottuzzi <ottuzzi AT libero.it>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New ideas for grimoires
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:16:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Piero Ottuzzi wrote:

> Well they have a TINDERBOX, a computer that 24hour a day compiles every
> package in the PORTS tree and e-mail to someone in case of problems. I
> think we should borrow this idea and dedicate a PC to compile our
> grimoire continuosly. This shouldn't be a big problem, will increase our
> grimoire stability and probably in the future will have only 2 grimoire
> instead of 3.

I've considered this before, but haven't had time to set it up. In our
case it might be helpful to have as many "tinderboxen" as we can. Varying
hardware configurations would be nice. Also, some should be dedicated to
Gnome, some to KDE, etc.

If someone has time to get scripts together to do this and a HOWTO on
setting it up, I'll dedicate a few low end machines we have here for doing
this.

-casey