sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] New ideas for grimoires

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Piero Ottuzzi" <ottuzzi AT libero.it>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] New ideas for grimoires
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:58:39 +0200

Hi there,

after a little trip in the FreeBSD world I learnt some things I would like to
share with you.

The first one I did not know was that also FreeBSD has a grimoire and they
call it PORTS.

How can they have only a grimoire/PORTS and not a test/devel/stable one???

Well they have a TINDERBOX, a computer that 24hour a day compiles every
package in the PORTS tree and e-mail to someone in case of problems.

I think we should borrow this idea and dedicate a PC to compile our grimoire
continuosly. This shouldn't be a big problem, will increase our grimoire
stability and probably in the future will have only 2 grimoire instead of 3.

Just some thoughts...

Bye, APiero