sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Is Perforce server down?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Tony Smith" <tony AT perforce.com>
  • To: <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Is Perforce server down?
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 18:10:26 +0100 (BST)

> Sergey A. Lipnevich said:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Starting this morning I'm getting only this from "p4 sync:"
>> Perforce client error:
>> Connect to server failed; check $P4PORT.
>> TCP connect to perforce.smee.org:1666 failed.
>> connect: perforce.smee.org:1666: Connection timed out
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Sergey.
>
> I have this problem almost every night I check (it only seems to happen
> at a certain time, though I don't remember which time ;)). Perhaps it's
> for server/repository maintainence?
>
> BTW, Tony's out for a few weeks, so...

It does go down for maintenance, but my colleague Steve has just called me
( I'm in California at the mo') and sez that the box had a kernel panic.
This is the second time that's happened since I put a grsec kernel on it,
so he's rebooting now with a vanilla kernel. Apologies for the
inconvenience.

I won't be online again till Monday and then only briefly so if the box
goes down again drop steve at perforce dot com a line and he'll sort it
out. I'll beat it into a more permanent submission on my return.

Tony