sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Updated ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Wyatt Draggoo" <wyatt AT draggoo.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Updated ISO
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:13:26 -0800 (PST)

> I'm not saying replace it, I'm saying add it as an option. Just a
> simple question, grub or lilo then install the appropriate boot loader.
> That way people familiar with lilo can install lilo, and people
> familiar with grub can install grub.

Okay. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but aside from the additional
re-run LILO step in the install, isn't installing LILO a part of the linux
spell anyway? The lilo binary and initial configuration files are in their
own lilo spell, but it doesn't get updated except either by the linux
spell, or manually. If this is the case, if we add grub to the linux spell
as well, with a configure option when you build the kernel, we wouldn't
need to do anything to add grub to the ISO at all---it would be there with
the inclusion of the new linux spell. This way we could use either one...

Wyatt

--
Wyatt Draggoo