sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] How to configure X?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] How to configure X?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:29:00 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> It doesn't write one. Here's the error log. BTW, I am on the list.
>
> phma

Hmmmm. I'm guessing X doesn't recognize your card (hence the message to
send the scanpci -v info to them). However, I don't think it should really
need it if you are going to use the framebuffer server.

Maybe try using 'xf86cfg' or creating an XF86Config by hand. Did you have
X running on this machine before you started using the framebuffer? If so,
you could just hack your old XF86Config into shape.

-casey