sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] PCMCIA Net card problem

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Joaqu�n Bernal <jbernal AT baara.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] PCMCIA Net card problem
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 02:42:37 +0100

First, I've casted init.d, as Dufflebunk said. Then, following Casey's
advice, I've checked /etc/pcmcia/network.opts and fixed a few things
(the strange thing is it worked yesterday).

Second, I've downloaded pcmcia-cs package in my desktop PC and
installed it in the laptop (there was years without touching a
diskette). I've tweaked the kernel config a bit (I'll give you details
later when summarizing if you wish) and recompiled it. I've just boot
and the last lines I got are:

Starting PCMCIA services: cardmgr[78]: watching 2 sockets.
done.

Then, it hangs. The HD led keeps on and I have to use a straightened
clip to push the tiny reset button and make the laptop reboot.

Next, I've tried removing the card before booting, and the system
boots ok. Then, when I insert the card it hangs again (more clip
work).

Any idea? I bet its a config files problem now, so I'm going to check
it. I'll tell you if I find out something.

Thanks a lot. My empathy feeling was right :)

----
Nogoff

"Don't panic!" (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)