sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire]Glibc casting

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: julian AT openit.de (Julian v. Bock)
  • To: eschabell AT sourcemage.org
  • Cc: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <Sorcerer AT TheDragonsEdge.com>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire]Glibc casting
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:13:59 +0100

Hi

ES> Have faith, someone out there will fix it soon????? I can't see
ES> going 1.0 like this....

Well, I do. All build problems come from either the 2.2.5 -> 2.3.1
update, or resulting broken glibc installations. I told often enough
that the probs resulted from the interaction between incompatible
dynamic linkers and some sorcery code (which is otherwise ok).

I installed a box from the beta1 iso some time ago and the glibc
build worked fine without interaction. So where is the 1.0 problem?

The glibc spell is *not* *broken*, so *all* I can do is to help people
fixing their installations.

Julian