sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire]Glibc casting

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • Cc: julian AT openit.de, sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org, SM-Discuss <SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire]Glibc casting
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:50:14 -0500

oops, i didn't mean it like that! i agree that a spell should not requite user intervention, what i was wondering was why there's still so many problems with this upgrade when all i had to do to my box (and every box is different, that's one thing i've found when using sourcemage) was an ldconfig. i'm interested to know why this worked in my case and not in others. i didn't mean to offend anyone by it, sometimes the connection between my brain and my mouth (or in this case my fingertips) has a few bugs in it! sorry if it sounded that way!

Jeremy

Adam Clark wrote:

As Dufflebunk has also just said, that's totally inappropriate - a spell
should not require user intervention for a successful cast.