sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] init fsck weirdness

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] init fsck weirdness
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 18:29:01 -0500

Dufflebunk wrote:

Lyon Lemmens wrote:

I had the same problem.

Turned out there are two links to ../init,d/mount.sh, one called S10mount.sh and the other S10mount

Somebody trying to get smart and rename S10mount.sh to the more common S10mount, but forgetting to remove the old S10mount.sh

Trying? "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try"

Or as a wise guru told me once: "It worked on my computer."

So if you rm /etc/rc1.d/S10mount.sh, you'll be fine again.

This should _NOT_ happen in the "almost stable" test grimoire.

>> On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 15:44, nealbirch wrote:

oof. 2 bugs in one day. There is a check for this in the lib_runlevel functions, but I didn't get it in the init.d spell. on it.

> *L* Don't worry Neal, you're doing a great job on the init scripts.

This is going to be a toughie, I looked at the BUILD and remembered WHY I did it so this happens, and I am going to have to think long and hard on how to fix it. The spell has to parse the directories /etc/rc*.d for the script links, the lib_runlevel functions didn't process mount and mountnfs very well due to the similarity of the names. And I do NOT want to rename the freaking scripts again. I may have to make special cases for the mount and the mountnfs links, unless someone has a better idea.

And I couldn't find the bug report for this one, either... lol

neal
--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"