sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] problems with the latest beta iso

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: SM-Discuss <SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] problems with the latest beta iso
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 00:17:50 -0500

I was just talking to a friend who tried to install the latest iso, and it wouldn't install for him. He couldn't give me the exact error messages but he mentioned that lilo would not install because he had winxp on his first partition, and for somereason his root partition was marked as type 82 (linux swap), i don't know why this is but he thought that it was because of the install iso. He was also having trouble getting his network card module loaded (what happened to the autodetection?) he's gonna wait for the 1.0 i think or maybe try gentoo in the meantime. Just thought I should pass this on, i don't know if these are bugs or just hit system, and i don't have error messages to give.

Jeremy

  • [SM-Discuss] problems with the latest beta iso, Jeremy Kolb, 11/17/2002