sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] init fsck weirdness

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ryan Abrams <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] init fsck weirdness
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:31:10 -0600

Ok,

So my system recently experienced a power failure during shutdown, thus leaving things in a rather odd state.

When i try to reboot it, i have a failure on fscking /devices/discs/disc1/part1 (ext3) - it says its already mounted. the init system then drops me to single user mode to "repair" it - i have to unmount it at that point, and then fsck it. it's completely ok.

The problem is then i reboot, and get the same error.

I tried going to single user mode, but get the same error. I have tried removing it from the fstab on disc0/part1, but that is mounted readonly because i am in maintenance mode.

so basically, the init system will n ot let me load my system to a point where it is functional.

Any tips?

-Ryan