sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Mozilla / Java Plugin - vote for the bug

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • Cc: "M.L." <mlubrano AT sourcemage.org>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Mozilla / Java Plugin - vote for the bug
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:42:32 -0500

Which VM was it for Sun's SDK, server or client (default)?

Casey Harkins wrote:

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, M.L. wrote:

Interresting... do you know how to write a spell ? ;)

Yup, I'll whip up a IBM JDK spell sometime soon. Its only available as a
binary (AFAIK), so it'll be z-rejected bound.

I was really amazed at the performance differences we experienced. The
swing interface seemed more responsive to the users who tested it, and
some simple elapsed time statistics showed particular functions to be
about 4x faster than both Sun JVM's at the time (1.3.2 and 1.4.0beta I
believe). I wouldn't consider this to be a fair benchmark, but it was
convincing enough for our application.

-casey