sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Cry for help, glibc botched

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: julian AT openit.de (Julian v. Bock)
  • To: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • Cc: Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net>, spencero AT mail.utexas.edu, SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Cry for help, glibc botched
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:57:04 +0100

Hi

D> Hmm, I can't even get that far. My computer complains that it can't
D> find bash or sleep and stuff.

If you get messages like
bash: file not found
this probably means that a shared library is not found by the
dynamic linker, not that the executable is not found.

Does this still happen after a reboot? If yes, boot from the install cd,
mount your partitions somewhere, chroot to your root partition,
run ldconfig, and reboot.

Julian