sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC install

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: julian AT openit.de (Julian v. Bock)
  • To: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • Cc: Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC install
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:52:49 +0100

Hi

D> You could disable installwatch, then at the end enable it and use
D> the track_manual function if you know all the files it creates.

I don't know what the track_manual function does, but sounds like I
have to list the files manually that are installed.

This is not feasible.

1. gcc installs a lot of files
2. it depends on configure options and other settings what files
are installed
3. it depends on already installed headers what files are installed
(fixincludes).

Furthermore, even if all this were not the case I would not be willing
to do the exra work.

Julian