sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC install

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: "Julian v. Bock" <julian AT openit.de>
  • Cc: Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC install
  • Date: 30 Oct 2002 13:04:40 -0500

Yeap, you must list them manualy. You could just list the major files
and the directories that it alone creates... not a complete solution,
but not too much work I hope, and better than nothing?
There is a wiki page on track_manual for more information on it.

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 12:52, Julian v. Bock wrote:
> Hi

> D> You could disable installwatch, then at the end enable it and use
> D> the track_manual function if you know all the files it creates.
>
> I don't know what the track_manual function does, but sounds like I
> have to list the files manually that are installed.
>
> This is not feasible.
>
> 1. gcc installs a lot of files
> 2. it depends on configure options and other settings what files
> are installed
> 3. it depends on already installed headers what files are installed
> (fixincludes).
>
> Furthermore, even if all this were not the case I would not be willing
> to do the exra work.
>
> Julian

PGP public key at
http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3327A9A5