sm-discuss - Re[2]: [SM-Discuss] init.d and networking configuration

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mark Andrews <msasgl AT msa-enterprises.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re[2]: [SM-Discuss] init.d and networking configuration
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:31:39 +0000

Hello All,

Friday, October 25, 2002, 5:49:35 AM, Casey wrote:

CH> The problem comes in when people make modifications to an init
CH> script, then they probably don't want it to be overwritten/updated.

I've just submitted a proposed solution to bug 342. This includes some
routines for handling named sections in a file which can be erased and
re-added without affecting the rest of the file. It's a post 1.0
enhancement bug, but would make handling this scenario a lot easier.

It basically puts things like:

# <SourceMage - SectionName> Section Start - Don't edit below
stuff goes here
# </SourceMage - SectionName> Section End - Don't edit above

into files and lets you delete them by SectionName later..

--
Best regards,
Mark mailto:msasgl AT msa-enterprises.com