sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Two problems with current devel...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Damien Mascord <tusker AT tusker.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Two problems with current devel...
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:33:27 +0800

Hi guys,

Just a heads up...

1) sorcery system-update or sorcery update don't seem to "update" anything, and the list of spells to cast disapear before casting
This has been going on for a long while, even though I have upgraded to the latest sorcery, (each night).

2) j2sdk during cast --fix behaves weirdly.
a) There are X dependancies that are not met, so it thinks it needs to recast (perhaps it should work out which spell has these missing libraries and suggest them to be cast?
b) It would not let me not cast, and not remove anything [transcript below] (ie, leave things as they were), so gave up and let it think it needed to recast.

Any ideas guys?

Damien

-----------------------------

In order to cast j2sdk, the following spells are going to be cast:
j2sdk
Do you wish these cast? [y] n
What spell(s) do you wish to remove? n
Computing parents... done
Removing spells...
Not casting .
done
In order to cast j2sdk, the following spells are going to be cast:
j2sdk
Do you wish these cast? [y] n
What spell(s) do you wish to remove?
Computing parents... done
Removing spells...
Not casting .
done
In order to cast j2sdk, the following spells are going to be cast:
j2sdk
Do you wish these cast? [y] n
What spell(s) do you wish to remove? n
Computing parents... done
Removing spells...
Not casting .
done
In order to cast j2sdk, the following spells are going to be cast:
j2sdk
Do you wish these cast? [y]

Sorting spells and saving dependency information...
Done sorting.