sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] (no subject)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Damien Mascord <tusker AT tusker.org>
  • To: shivaken <shivaken AT jcom.home.ne.jp>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] (no subject)
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:15:50 +0800

At 04:01 PM 23/09/2002 +0900, you wrote:
1st, do you want java packages be able to be casted.

It would be nice to be able to do a "cast resin" and "cast resin-snapshot"

2nd. why JAVA_BASE should not be setted?
I said JAVA_BASE has to indicate where javas packages installed, like
/usr/java
JAVA_HOME will indicate jdk's path like /usr/java/j2sdk$version

Sorry, misinterpreted what you meant by JAVA_BASE, and I agree with that
usage.

3rd. how do you think about can user choose the directory java packages will
be installed? like /usr/java or /opt.

If the user has a choice, then different java based spells that require particular jars, it will difficult to set the application CLASSPATHs automagically, unless you can query the grimiore details as to where the installation directory for that dependency is installed.

Damien

--
shivaken <shivaken AT jcom.home.ne.jp>