sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] To write java & djb spells.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: shivaken <shivaken AT jcom.home.ne.jp>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] To write java & djb spells.
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:34:53 -0400

Personally, I'm not even thinking of supporting anything but 1.4. And yes, I'd like to recompile every Java package, providing e.g. options to include line numbers in debug info etc. Beasts like NetBeans and JBoss would be wonderful. In the distant future. Sweet dream of mine...
I'd also suggest calling this SORCERY_JAVA, not JAVA_BASE. Misleading IMO.

shivaken wrote:

Hi
We must discuss about java to write spells.

1. system-wide CLASSPATH.
Can user choose setting or not, at casting jdk (or jre)?

2. JAVA_BASE (what direcroty should be default.) /usr/java or /opt/java will be.

3. Source based or not.
Will this problem be which do we support 1.2.2 or not? > Damien

Are there more?

-- shivaken