sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] (no subject)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: shivaken <shivaken AT jcom.home.ne.jp>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] (no subject)
  • Date: 22 Sep 2002 23:51:38 -0400

I didn't mean that it's impossible, just not practical to support more
than the default shell (Bash) and notify the SA that an addition to the
env is necessary. Assuming the changes are made to the bash env, an SA
will have something to refer to for the correct environment at worst.

On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 23:50, shivaken wrote:

> > > /etc/bashrc is a way for only bash user. (My shell is zsh...)
> > > I want support tcsh and zsh.
> > > At my machine, I wrote classpath at /etc/classpath. and
> > > I set ". /etc/classpath" at /etc/zshrc.
> >
> > Other spells have similar problems, and I dont think there's a real
> > solution. After all, bash needs "export CLASSPATH", tcsh need "set
> > CLASSPATH", and I'm sure other shells have other syntaxes (sp?)...
>
> We can support bash, tcsh, zsh and others, in this way.
> 1. list up direrctories and jars to /etc/classpath.
> ex . .:\
> $JAVA_BASE/lib/rt.jar:\
> $JAVA_BASE/lib/ant.jar:\
This assumes that the shell understands the \<newline> notation.