sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] (no subject)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Nick Jennings <nkj AT namodn.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] (no subject)
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 15:54:35 -0700

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 02:58:34AM +0900, shivaken wrote:
> > > 1. The directory to put java's jar library
> > > $Java_base/lib/**.jar
> > > or
> > > $Java_base/$spell\'s_name/lib/**.jar
> >
> > /opt is a good place to put things with funky directories. Or perhaps
> > something in /var?
>
> /var is good I think.
> But, I have to research other distributions directory policies,
> before deciding our ones.

/var is definetely *not* what we should do. The rule has been thus far,
for anything requiring it's out heirarchy (i.e. java/lib java/bin etc.)
it all goes in /opt. (i.e. /opt/java/lib etc.)

> > > 2. There are license problem near sun's package.
> > > All
> > >
> > > 3. How to manage classpath.
> >
> > You could modify the .bashrc in skel, or just echo at the end of the
> > cast what should be added to the classpath and leave it up to the SA.
>
> /etc/bashrc is a way for only bash user. (My shell is zsh...)
> I want support tcsh and zsh.
> At my machine, I wrote classpath at /etc/classpath. and
> I set ". /etc/classpath" at /etc/zshrc.

So then, maybe the spell could create a file to be sourced, and echo
this info after the spell is cast.

The only problem I could see with this, is if you are casting allot of
stuff, you might miss the message.

Maybe we should have a: 'gaze notes <spell>' for this kinda stuff? to get
instructions, or reminders that are displayed after a spell is cast.

--
Nick Jennings
Sorcery Team Lead