sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] summon issues

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Nathan Doss" <ndoss AT mtlaurel.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] summon issues
  • Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 15:17:11 -0400

Ari wrote:
> First, does summon --url work correctly?

Have you tried -url?

> Next, and this one has been bothering me for a while, why is it that
> summon sometimes presents such a nice display with an "animated" bar
> displaying your progress, but other times it scrolls a newline in
> between each update in a pretty ugly way?

Summon uses "wget" to download files. The animated bar is from wget.
If the file is in the cache already, then wget is not used -- maybe
that's what you're seeing?

> And when casting multiple spells at a time, if a download fails for
> one of them, it seems to scroll through the whole failed download
> message in between each other cast.

Compiling one spell & downloading others can occur in parallel. In
between each compile step, cast will show you the latest text from the
download log. If all the spells are finished downloading, you'll
see the same portion of the download log between each compile.

--
Nathan Doss ndoss AT mtlaurel.org