sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] problem with spell-submit mailing list?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Hugo Portela <hugo.portela AT famma.web.pt>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] problem with spell-submit mailing list?
  • Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:56:34 +0100

I think it would be useful to place this note at
http://www.sourcemage.org/resources/lists/

regards,
Hugo

Eric Sandall wrote:

Ryan Abrams said:

I have reported it to ibiblio a few times now. The response i have
gotten is below:

--begin quote--

What you are seeing are mailman's bounces. I'm seeing them in the logs
and they look like this.

Aug 04 23:32:00 2002 (11318) sm-spell-submit: Mailcmd rejected
Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem
<MAILER-DAEMON AT happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu> Reason: Probable
bounced subscribe-confirmation

the lists are operating properly, i've checked the aliases. make sure
you are giving the list an address you are able to reply as and recieve
mail from when signing for a list. This should take care of the issue.

--end quote--

I am bcc-ing the ibiblio people on this. Hopefully the fact that several
people are getting issues will make them reconsider the issue.

-Ryan