sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] problem with spell-submit mailing list?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] problem with spell-submit mailing list?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:36:47 -0700 (PDT)

Ryan Abrams said:
> I have reported it to ibiblio a few times now. The response i have
> gotten is below:
>
> --begin quote--
>
> What you are seeing are mailman's bounces. I'm seeing them in the logs
> and they look like this.
>
> Aug 04 23:32:00 2002 (11318) sm-spell-submit: Mailcmd rejected
> Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
> From: Mail Delivery Subsystem
> <MAILER-DAEMON AT happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu> Reason: Probable
> bounced subscribe-confirmation
>
> the lists are operating properly, i've checked the aliases. make sure
> you are giving the list an address you are able to reply as and recieve
> mail from when signing for a list. This should take care of the issue.
>
> --end quote--
>
> I am bcc-ing the ibiblio people on this. Hopefully the fact that several
> people are getting issues will make them reconsider the issue.
>
> -Ryan

I just tried Andrew's method (-admin instead of -request) and I received a
message saying that I am now subscribed to sm-spell-submit. Yeah! :)

-One of Three

sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://hellhound.homeip.net/~sandalle | SystAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU
ICQ: 667348 | http://www.shock.wsu.edu/