sm-discuss - RE: [SM-Discuss] Benchmarking Spell?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Phil/CERisE/KG6MBQ <cerise AT littlegreenmen.armory.com>
  • To: "'sm-discuss'" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [SM-Discuss] Benchmarking Spell?
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 01:02:08 -0700 (PDT)

So...I missed something..

Why not just use time?

I concur with you that total time is the only way to judge it. I mean,
a compilation tests practically every component of the system, so it's
impractical to use anything other than total time.

One important thing to note about the clean up is that one would need
to reboot as well. Failing to do so would cause things to be left in
disk cache.

-Phil/CERisE