sm-discuss - RE: [SM-Discuss] Benchmarking Spell?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Reapl Paratorn" <reapl AT reapl.net>
  • To: "'sm-discuss'" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [SM-Discuss] Benchmarking Spell?
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 12:37:25 +1000

ooops......i was tired.....I forgot to add the important compilation test
options there....but surely that wouldnt be too hard either would it?

Simple script to clean up any compiler caches and files so that the compile
always starts from a clean starting position.
Summon the spell to make sure a persons bandwidth doesnt affect the time
(this is a system benchmark not a connection test)
Call date
compile spell
Call date
compare dates to get 'wall' time

well that is enough for me atm....my sorcery update just failed on running
out of memory....seems 512MB RAM and 512MB swap file wasnt enough...grrrrrrr

Have fun

Reapl