sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] man showing escape sequences

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: julian AT openit.de (Julian v. Bock)
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] man showing escape sequences
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:04:03 +0200

Hi

AS> since i like answering my own questions, it seems that the new
AS> version of groff was the problem, i reverted back to the test
AS> grimoire on this computer and only updated that and it seems to be
AS> back to normal.

While we are talking about groff: It is pretty annoying that the new
version depends on netpbm which depends on jpeg and tiff. I don't like
the idea of having those libs installed on a system that will never
show any images just to be able to view man pages.

Is there a way to get around this deps (besides the emacs woman mode)?

Julian