sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Compile time failure stats

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Damien Mascord <tusker AT tusker.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Compile time failure stats
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 23:15:10 +0800

Hey,

Perhaps even an anonymous GET or POST to a SOAP URL might be a cleaner approach since we cannot guarantee a mail client/server to be installed....

Maybe have an option that when the install fails, you get an option to send the SOAP post to the webserver with the information regarding the compile failure... though, default to [n] so that we don't automatically send the information, and give a novice the option to do so with a prompt.

Damien

At 04:51 PM 22/07/2002 +0200, Julian v. Bock wrote:
Hi

DM> Heya guys, Dufflebank and I thought of an idea where each time a
DM> compile time failure happens, an automated email gets sent to a
DM> automatically processing perl script which updates stats on what
DM> things fail...

DM> Something like

DM> Rank Package Version GCC version Reason 1 sed 3.02.80 3.1 Failed
DM> to retrieve source 2 .... ... .... ....

If this gets ever implemented, it must be disabled by default. I (and
probably many others) don't want cast to silently send emails about
stuff I install to anyone.

Julian