sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Distributed compilation

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Tobias Marx <tmarx AT digitalprojects.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Distributed compilation
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:49:47 +0200

Am Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:18:37 +0200 schrieb "Julian v. Bock"
<julian AT openit.de>:

> I use ccache heavily for several months for both development and the
> devel / libs maintenance (and all SM [re]builds of course), and I had
> no problems so far.

have you got any (rough) benchmarks or at least an impression on the
time savings with ccache? i've got ~1,7gb in /var/cache/compile/ at the
moment and i would like to know if it's worth it (and i've got no idea
how to test it).

btw. how do compilercache and ccache work toghether in sgl? i thought
ccache would be a replacement vor compilercache. but ccache gives an
error when compilercache is not installed in parallel?