sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] md5 / license fields

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: bluebird AT optushome.com.au
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] md5 / license fields
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 08:55:37 +1000

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 05:35:13PM +0200, Julian v. Bock wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was going to add md5 and license fields sooner or later to my
> sections. However, it seems that nobody actually knows what to do.
>
> There are at least 3 different formats for md5sums in the grimoire,
> and the format described in the grimoire gurus handbook does not
> support multiple source files.
>
> It is not specified what to do with spells which are released under
> more than one license, or which contain parts that are released under
> different licenses.
>
> Is anything of the md5 / license stuff already implemented in sorcery?
> If not, we should take a breath and start thinking first how to do
> things before maintainers dig through hundreds of spells for nothing.
>
> Furthermore, I asked some time ago why / whether someone decided to
> compute the checksums of the _compressed_ tarballs. This breaks the
> fuzzy downloading and the (not yet implemented) automatic bzip2
> recompression of tarballs (note that some people recompress the
> tarballs manually). I did not get a single answer, and I don't know a
> single reason why we should do this.
>
> Please clarify these points.
>
> Julian

A quick and (very) ugly test shows

egrep ' MD5.*' /var/lib/sorcery/grimoire/*/*/DETAILS | cut -d: -f 2 \
|cut -d = -f 1 | sed -e 's/ //g' | sort | uniq -c

38 MD5
171 MD5
1 MD5[0]
361 MD5[0]
21 MD5[1]
6 MD5[2]
1 MD5[3]

MD5[number] to be the most common.

Cheers

Joel
--
Sourcemage GNU/Linux /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign
Linux so advanced it may as well be magic \_/ stop HTML mail and news