sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC 3 anyone?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Viggo Holmsen <vholmsen AT online.no>
  • To: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>, Tony Smith <tony AT smee.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC 3 anyone?
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:29:51 +0200

I believe we should wait.

1) GCC 3.1.1 is planned for release on july 21 with bugfixes, but the branch
will be unmaintained after that.
I think we would be better off by skipping GCC 3.1.1.

2) GCC 3.2 is planned for release on july 23 and will be the actively
maintained branch. It will require a sorcery rebuild, since the C++ ABI will
be incompatible with 3.1.

3) I think we should migrate to GCC 3.2 as soon as possible in the devel
grimoire, and let it filter down.

Viggo