sm-admin - Re: [SM-Admin] Stepping down as perl-cpan maintainer

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Admin] Stepping down as perl-cpan maintainer
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 00:57:09 -0800

> as I applaud the efford, I also found that I really didn't like people
> downgrading or deleting spells without any form of discussion just because
> they thought it would be a good idea.

Hey, Im sorry to hear that you want to go. Hamish and myself have been
on the warpath trying to clear out bugs that prometheus (my double edged
sword) has been making. Sometimes we get a little carried away and muck
with stuff that we shouldn't. I think I added some depends stuff to one
of your spells the other day, and I guess hamish downgraded something w/o
asking. I apologize for that. We were just trying to do 'the little
things' so you wouldn't have to waste your time on them. Unfortunatly
the definition of little thing is a sensitive one.

The perl-cpan section has been fantastic, often time its the good work
that goes unnoticed. I think we all found your section to be 'one of
the good ones', certainly with the large number of spells in it, all
with their own dependancies. Although I respect your choice I want to
urge you to come back when you have more time, or continue to put in less
frequent updates as you have time now. Even a little bit of time helps.

-Andrew