sm-admin - [SM-Admin] Stepping down as perl-cpan maintainer

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: Lyon Lemmens <redlemon AT knoware.nl>
  • To: projectlead AT sourcemage.org, grimoire AT sourcemage.org
  • Cc: sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Admin] Stepping down as perl-cpan maintainer
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:01:56 +0100

Eric & Eric,

I'm sorry to have to put up perl-cpan for adoption. Due to real-life duties
I found my self in a situation that I could spend less and less time with
perl-cpan. I tried to do bi-weekly updates but even those are faltering.

As a consequence I found other people stepping in and fixing bugs. As much
as I applaud the efford, I also found that I really didn't like people
downgrading or deleting spells without any form of discussion just because
they thought it would be a good idea.

So, hereby I resign as the perl-cpan maintainer.

I'll keep on using SourceMage of course (it still beats the crap out of any
commercial distro I've used) and maybe I'll be back as an active member of
the community later on, one never knows.

For now, goodbye. It's been good working with you.

--
Lyon Lemmens, grimoire guru perl-cpan
llemmens AT sourcemage.org

SourceMage GNU/Linux
"Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic"

http://www.sourcemage.org